Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
They were the focus you on price or payment (didn't matter which) type of guys and they started to HATE me when I brought a calculator programmed to calculate exactly what their interest rates were (was 15% pre-calculator coming out of pocket, fell to 9% afterwards).

End result - we didn't buy the car, and the whole experience turned DW and I off so much that we haven't looked since.

<<<<<<<<<

Try putting money away for new/used one so U don't need finance costs. I have not ever bought a car on time. And by the time a new one is needed I have more than enough money. Do some real crunching to get the money ready for car. Look at credit unions for better finance deals than any dealer can honestly offer. All the zero's are paid somewhere else in higher fees, price and who knows what else.
Print the post  

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.