Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Otherwise known as randomness.

- Apparently, you people are boring, and they miss having me around. They lifted my suspension Saturday, but I actually had STUFF TO DO, so I just logged in now.

- That was a good Twix bar I just had.

- I have a little training dilemma – every single class I wanted to take is available, and soon. Unfortunately, I would be out of the office until approximately the end of March. <sigh> So I have to decide which ones are most popular and bank on those being available later, and take the more obscure ones available right away NOW.

- If my calculations are right, I will actually have a refund on next month's cable bill. Like, I won't owe anything, and I still have a $2 credit, that sort of thing. I hope I am right.

- According to my sources, memory and a little bit of hope, we should be getting our W2s tomorrow, instead of at the end of the month. This would be fabulous, as it would give me a chance to get them done before Little Sis shows up with hers and BILs W2s, breathing down my neck to get hers done. Also, I'll be getting a refund, so it would be nice to get it sooner rather than later AND I want to adjust my withholdings again, if it's warranted.

- I am, quite possibly, the only geek I know that doesn't like gadgets. This upsets the other geeks. They prattle on about their cell phones and new computers, and I'm just as happy as I can be with my old stuff. I think they are starting to believe I am a spy or planted agent or something. I made one snarky comment about how Vista was just for pretty, and I nearly got ran out of town.

- I need a new cell. Mine won't hold a signal. Like, ever.

- I could go for a nap.

impolite
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
-where is the training schedule to take place?

*refunds on cable bills always seem to turn into a higher bill, effin Adelphia/Comcast (and I'm a shareholder LOL! oh joy)

^W2s...crap, not ready to deal with that yet.

#I don't do fancy gadgets either. SCW, who complains he doesn't have money, always ends up with the fanciest cell phone, etc.

~are you sure the signal problem isn't location/service provider vs. cell phone?

!nap...sweet. I bet those who had today off took one.

+glad they granted you an early release. do you have to call the probabtion officer daily? :)

Odee
No. of Recommendations: 6
I missed something; why were you suspended?
I made one snarky comment about how Vista was just for pretty

Thats not true, it should also help keep the ram and cpu industries going quite nicely :)
I hope it wasn't over the frissy stuff.

ARR
also confused
I missed something; why were you suspended?

she said eff you to someone

peace & bad words
t
No. of Recommendations: 3

I most certainly did!

But, I also threw in a *smoooch*.

impolite
Good thing they don't suspend a person for "thinking" eff you to someone (I'd be getting the chair all the time if that was the case:)
Anyhoo, glad you are back!
Allison
Well at least there was a kiss involved. better than no foreplay at all.

Nuclear Redneck
- According to my sources, memory and a little bit of hope, we should be getting our W2s tomorrow, instead of at the end of the month.

No W2s. <sigh> They hand out free H&R block certificates every year with the W2s, and the certificates aren't in yet. My "But, since I don't want the certificate, can you do a girl a favor and hand me mine?" question was met with a smirk, so the answer is no on that as well.

HOWEVER I did get the reciept I need from daycare to prove how expensive my kids are. $9K in daycare costs alone this year, and that was my *half*. MY HALF.

<shudder>

Well, okay, a little more than half. I did cover a few weeks when DN didn't have money.

Still!

impolite

I most certainly did!

But, I also threw in a *smoooch*.

impolite

Whaaaa? Sure got pulled fast.

EFF <SOMEONE>!

eag (doesn't do the *smooch* thing)
I am, quite possibly, the only geek I know that doesn't like gadgets.

Me too. On the one hand I sit out quite a few conversations. OTOH, when work gives out gifts of, say, iPods or portable DVD players, I can be all "cool" and not "I already have this."

I made one snarky comment about how Vista was just for pretty, and I nearly got ran out of town.

I have an entire office full of geeks who will back you up on this. Well, the pretty and "to cause even more annoyances." Which will then be followed by a laundry list of all of the problems that have been encountered so far. Which is long despite the fact that it got so frustrating most people stopped playing with the test Vista for corporate peoples after a short time. (I don't know what they call the program - some sort of thing where they released it to corporations but not the general public? Pretty sure it wasn't officially still a beta.) Well, there is one person here who says "they moved stuff around and at first it takes longer to do stuff but once you get used to it, it's better." Of course, it takes a month or two to get used to it.
Well, there is one person here who says "they moved stuff around and at first it takes longer to do stuff but once you get used to it, it's better." Of course, it takes a month or two to get used to it.

I've got Vista and Office 2007 loaded on a machine here for testing. When I feel like raising my blood pressure, I load another piece of software we use, then fight with it a while.

Pretty, though.

impolite