No. of Recommendations: 1
Things we prefer to buy at TJ's, because the quality and price combination works well for us:

ground beef
chicken sausage
salmon
eggs
hi-protein pea burgers
zucchini
yellow squash
mini cucumbers
potatoes
bell peppers
tomatoes
avocados
almonds
walnuts
pecans
raisins
unsweetened chocolate
1 liter bottles of seltzer

Things we prefer not to buy at TJ's, almost all because prices are better elsewhere and the quality is not noticeably different):
milk
DD's yogurt
DD and DH's ice cream
mushrooms (they spoil faster; probably fewer preservatives)
bananas
lettuce
chicken
pork loin
ground lamb
paper products, other dry goods, and personal care products (toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, detergent, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.)
Quorn nuggets and Amy's pizza snacks (TJ's doesn't carry them and they are two of roughly 5 things my kid will eat for supper)
cases of cans of seltzer
tea (kind that you brew yourself, like Lipton's or Tetley)
Coke Zero

There are probably a ton of other things in both categories. This is just a random sampling of some of the things we buy regularly.

ThyPeace, DH is a bargain shopper. I don't keep prices in my head anymore because he actually likes it and I actually don't.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.