Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
As I read many of these boards, I get discouraged at times by what seems to be a lack of willingness for many to just think for themselves. To heck with what "everybody thinks" or what "everybody else says"! (Many on here DO obviously say that, for which I am grateful.) Even if I disagree, so what?

As long as we don't harm anyone else, why not just plain do as we wish? May not be as "popular", but does that matter? If so, why?

Think about it. Sure, listen to others, and maybe learn from them, but think for yourselves.

By now, most of us have had to swim upstream for many years, so let's keep on doing that. Thank God, my wife feels as I do, so we manage to keep smiling as we do our own thing.

My two cents.

Vermonter
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.