Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
Just wonderin'

Jeff
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Well, my balance is down 11% from ATH, so it's a correction for me. Ark funds are getting close to bear territory. Values funds and infrastructure are doing very well year-to-date. Heck, Berkshire is doing over twice the S&P 500 right now.

Correction? Yes. Rotation? Very possible. Bye bye growth train? Maybe.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Just wonderin'

Jeff

No idea, everything I own was up today, somewhere between a low of +16% (BCE.T) to a high of +9.91% (LB-T), seriously. Even my star performer PPL.T was up +4.10%.

I should miss the open more often with Hospital doctor appointments ... NOT!

I think the energy guys and the Canadian banks are playing catch up?

Tim

OT - like the horn tooting "boots and saddles" we old guys look around hoping to be called. }};-D

https://www.google.com/search?q=US+%26+Canadian+coast+guard+...
somewhere between a low of +16%

Whoops, make that +0.16%

Way past my bedtime on the far east coast.

Tim
Oz is taking it on the chin right now. Interesting that gold is down

Jeff
If going by letters in the alphabet, for me, A represents misery
Top holding, Atlantica Sustainable Infrastructure (AY) down about 9% YTD, 29% from 52-week high
Top 10 holding Apple (AAPL) down about 6% YTD
Top net-net pick, Asia Pacific Wire & Cable (APWC) - pulled back 25% in the last two weeks (Harvested gains prior - Yay!!!)
Small nibble idea, Appian Corp (APPN) - bleeding badly the last two weeks, including 11.77% on 3/3/21

Certainly not "A" type behavior.

Thankfully, the port has other letters and a good amount of $$$
Oz is taking it on the chin right now. Interesting that gold is down

Mentioned on BNN yesterday that expectation of higher yield from bonds affected the price of gold. I have no idea if the guy knew what he was talking about.

As the navy guys used to often say "Not my part ship".

Tim
No. of Recommendations: 2
I'm wondering too. I've been closely watching from the sidelines and have been watching BRK lately as well. I'd like to get back into the market just a bit, but still watching.

In the meantime, I posted recently about an on-line bank that I was referred to in another post and I have been doing my DD on that. If you play your cards right, you can get a 3.5% FDIC insured return (with no time commitments or withdrawal penalties) from HM Bradley. It's a bit of work to figure out how to get the most return from their offering, but I think I have it figured out with a pretty comprehensive spreadsheet. Won't be without some work to make it happen on a quarterly basis, but this should keep me busy for a bit and will give us some nice returns with little to no risk.

Seems that I can't figure out the stock market moves lately, so I'm keeping busy in other ways ;-)

'38Packard