Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
think www.stoneridgecreek.com will get you to our place if you are curious..

WOW...we are practically neighbors! Since they opened up Stoneridge we typically take that road instead of the interstate to avoid traffic and pass right by you!

Ok...our story. DH started planning retirement when he started his one and only professional job of 35 1/2 years that came with a pension. We invested and LBOM. DH retired 12 years ago.

We had always thought we would move a little farther out of the SF Bay Area to get a newer nicer home and pocket some of the equity but two years before he retired both our sons and their families moved back to our home town. With our 2 year old grandson just a mile away, we decided to stay put in the home we raised our family in and did a little remodeling to make it nicer. We still think about moving but have stayed put to be near my Mom who has been in failing health.

DH and I always knew we would love retirement! We LOVE to travel and we have really stepped that up. Since 1975 we've had some kind of RV of some sort and now have a really nice motor home that we use about 3 months out of the year. We discovered in 2012 that we love to go on cruises (on ships...on the ocean) and have been seeing the world!

As far as other activities there's the planning of the trips....I'm very involved and love doing the research. Right now I'm almost done planning our two long RV trips and doing the research on the upcoming cruise. We enjoy spending time with our friends and family. We take daily walks of 3 or more miles a day. I garden and DH tinkers. We do enjoy watching TV and taking it easy.

This is the retirement we always envisioned and then some! I could see us moving into a community like Stoneridge Creek some day when we can no longer take care of our home or need personal care.

Utahtea
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.