Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Well, COVD is getting slaughtered today on news that DSL installations will be lower than projected. Duh! I do not hold COVD, NPNT, or RTHM as part of my next generation basket because (1) my own experience with COVD was terrible, (2) from everything I read, the DSL rollout has been a disaster, and, most importantly, (3) the market share of the above-referenced DSL service provider plays is dwarfed by that of the regional Bells; i.e., in my opinion, there is no good way to play this part of the game because one cannot invest in the potential service provider kings/princes directly.

Now, the point of this post: I hold CMTN and have been surprised that it has not gotten hit along with NPNT and RTHM since they are CMTN's biggest customers. Well, it looks as though the COVD news today is hitting CMTN. Given my views on COVD et al., is it rational to hold CMTN? As far as I know, CMTN's future is tied to that of NPNT and RTHM (i.e., CMTN does not sell to the Bells). Is there a reason for one who does not believe in the future of non-Bell DSL to hold CMTN?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.