Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Third, the Federal Government is taking regulatory steps to make the housing market more transparent and fair in the long run

The 'devil is in the details' and all that. I expect any new regulations on top of the old regulations will intentionally serve to confuse the process more while shielding mortgage brokers behind another layer of 'see I followed the regulations" bs. Regulations that noone outside the industry will no how to interpret or where to look for them. I mean seriously, who is going to write these regs, Countrywide lawyers?

Here's an idea. Let Countrywide lawyers write the regs. Let them write mortgages based on those regs. Then give those mortgages to an 11th grade class for one hour. What the kids say it means, is what it means.. legally binding. No coaching for the test. Countrywide does not pick the classroom, the homeowner does, but the kids have to be passing.

See if that helps with "transparency".

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.