Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
This bit is unclear to me:

"AT&T... charges $30 to $50 for their most popular data plans. (I use AT&T as an example here, but the same logic applies to both Verizon and Sprint.) But T-Mobile is going to change things. Right now they offer a plan for unlimited talk, text, and data for $50. Two years of that service is $1200. Add in the $650 cost of the iPhone, and your out-of-pocket expense is $1850. You’d pay almost twice as much — $3,560 — with AT&T for the same phone and similar service. Furthermore, T-Mobile will let spread the payments out over 24 months, meaning that you don’t have to pay for that $650 iPhone in advance."

Above doesn't indicate a drop in T-Mobile rates when subsidy is removed. It indicates continuing at high end of aforestated $30-50 range. And despite having similar data charge, you say ATT costs the user double in toto. Why? Suggest you clarify this.

If I am providing my own phone, I'd expect combined voice & data package for around $25 or less. That's what I pay in Europe.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.