Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
this from a RJ report but it mirrors common sense and reflective of other things you can infer:

*next BH in tech, or the next GE (ouch!)
*acquisition is a clear sign consolidation going to to in other areas of tech with causes 3 concerns:

1 - indicates management not committed to strategy of generating and returning FCF to investors (e.g., my thought on the buyback), so this reflects on management's credibility

2 - this acquisition is outside of networking semiconductors and nobody has an idea if the strategy will be successful or not

3 - multiple assignment

Or, management credibility, execution risk, and multiple

I have few thoughts other than if nothing weird happens then these issues will maybe resolve themselves as the above is more confused evaluations - ala my thoughts about a frozen position - than bad fundamentals. or, as you said:

Essentially the strategy is to arbitrage the tech industries over-infatuation with (organic) growth (which leads to sh1t businesses being built along side amazing ones), and he then simply cobbles together a tech empire of high ROIC businesses with limited reinvestment opptys, and prints money.

Maybe buying out IBM is next...

I not tempted to sell the shares, but wished I'd waited a week, which is almost as bad.

--

the analyst called it 'angry selling'
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.