Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
This happened to my dad, who went to Tufts Dental School to have the work done very cheaply and very well. A bit scary IMO having a kid with his hands in your mouth with sharp instruments, but we are not so sure about how good our current dentist is who has been in practice for probably too long.

I actually did some research on Harvard Dental School and Tufts Dental Schools. I was thinking about going there but then I remembered that I had dental work done about 35 years ago at a local mall. I went to them because they took my insurance. They really messed me up. I should have sued them for what they did. Again, there was a senior dentist on staff but he was working with someone who was, IMHO, a child. I said "no way" is that kid touching my mouth. Well, once they knock you out how would you know who did what to you while you were in the dental chair.
Long story short, the local dentist will do my crown. She went to Tufts and she comes highly recommended. Both my husband and myself had cleanings and they were very thorough - took an hour and a half. Explained everything that was wrong and might need attention.
We were very impressed. This dentist took over from a dentist who had been at that location for 35 years. He wanted to preserve his reputation when he sold his practice.
Finding a new dentist is scary!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.