No. of Recommendations: 1
This has the same appeal for me that fast food does for you.

I didn't post about kale to be "cool," it just happened to be dinner that night. And whatever you think of kale, it's got a lot of fiber and keeps you regular ;-) I always "doctor up" kale as it's taste MO is inferior to other greens such as spinach, chard, mustard greens.

AS for green olives, capers, and grated lemonn rind...IMO they go w/kale--and chicken. I love the salty-sour-"turpentiney" taste of capers, the salty-bitter-earthy taste of olives--and their texture, and the intense citrus taste of lemon rind. Maybe I'm the opposite of a "super-taster" and need flavor intensity/enhancers?

Fast food is intensely salty and usually sweet and tastes of the oil it's cooked in (what are they using lately? whatever's cheap I guess...cottonseed oil? something hydrogenated?), but otherwise IMO flavor is lacking. Excpet for the pickle bits in the special sauce ;-)

After low-carbing for some time, I find ketchup too sweet. Maybe becasue a typical serving of 4 tbsp (1/4 cup) of ketchup (2 tbsp each on a burger and on fries) has more sugar than a krispy kreme donut! I'd rather have that much sugar in the form of baklava, pie, or orange marmalade ;-) I've read that traditionally people put mustard, pickles, and/or onions on burgers. Ketchup was added by fast food chains in the 50s to attract children. No idea if that's true. My MIL, being texan, trained my husband to eat mustard on burgers, and he got me to switch.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.