No. of Recommendations: 17
This is a company no one would miss if it disappeared

Strongly disagree. Pinterest provides a unique service that cannot be replicated (at the moment). If it disappeared, millions of its users would miss it, including me. I believe the stat being thrown around is 85% of women aged 25 - 54 use Pinterest (by the way I am a man). The study was commissioned by Pinterest but the number is relevant. Please see the link below for a marketing take on Pinterest. One highlight in particular "Pinterest users are twice as likely to say their time on the platform is well spent".

I recently purchased a home with my fiancee. Every single decision we made regarding home furnishing, home decorating, and landscaping involved Pinterest. The entire process basically relied on Pinterest, other than for making purchases (which may provide some optionality that Brian suggested was lacking).

It may seem like Pinterest is disposable, but I think you have to ask whether it is disposable to YOU, or disposable to its 250 million MAUs.

https://blog.hootsuite.com/pinterest-statistics-for-business...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.