No. of Recommendations: 12
This is a company no one would miss if it disappeared.
@RGB - I couldn't disagree more

I think this is a company that created a whole new social media paradigm, that is non-threatening. Some interesting info here: No. of Recommendations: 6

Hubspot, which is another really great company that I use but haven't invested in, has some info about it here: https://blog.hootsuite.com/pinterest-statistics-for-business...

So my startup (which caters to teachers) has had better results interacting with Pinterest than with Facebook. We haven't advertised on Pinterest though - obviously we should and will start.

From the point of view of the company and the platform, I think it is great, and really disagree with RGB.

From the point of view of investing, I'm not ready... yet. It seems expensive, the growth doesn't thrill me. I do think the moat is underappreciated, however. People put their work into creating pins. They are not going to leave, and they are going to tell their friends.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.