No. of Recommendations: 12
This is an interesting post BD. I can feel your passion.

Part of me hopes (I guess selfishly) that this board and the unique cross-section of investing experience, technical experience, and paid resources we use here is never found by the broader public.

Not because I don't want others the benefit from it, I do. Mostly because I'd fear that people who don't stumble across this little-hidden corner of Fooldom naturally by either a. Being curious Fools or b. having friends who are regulars here that inspire them to come join the community in a respectful manner would eventually ruin the good thing we have going here.

Again, this is a bit of a selfish feeling and honestly, I don't think it's something we need to worry too much about because most of the financial media writes what we do (and what TMF does in a broader sense) off as "unrealistic, impossible, scam, whatever" because it goes against what 99.9% of all investing books and media is about.

It also can't fill 18 hours of content every day on financial entertainment networks because there just ain't that much to talk about when you're not trying to grab attention to sell advertisements off of.

So I think... I agree with the basis of your post, but I'm not too concerned with that actually happening.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.