Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

This is how I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong:

As long as you keep the money overseas you don't pay any taxes, if you filed the W8 and 1001. It is up to you to declare the profit when you transfer the cash back home. I did get an inquiry from the tax office (in NZ) when I made the transfer to the US, so they are keeping track of internation transfers.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.