Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
“We lived this nightmare, we learned from this nightmare and we’re going to correct for the lessons we learned during this nightmare,” (Governor Cuomo) said during a late-morning news conference.

As part of the new effort, DOH is asking all hospitals to immediately identify retired nurses and doctors who could be called upon to help fill staffing shortages, as well as prepare staffing plans for emergency field facilities.

Hospitals must also begin balancing patient loads within their individual networks to ensure one facility is not overwhelmed; plan to add up to 50 percent capacity; confirm their personal protective equipment stockpiles; and prepare to implement statewide “surge and flex” plans to move patients across systems.

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/city-hall/story/202...

I have no idea whether plans like this are being carried out in other states. I do know that while NY is experiencing a serious upsurge in Covid cases and hospitalizations, it's not as bad here -- yet, anyway -- as in other parts of the country.

And, sorry to bring him up again, I think that Trump's greatest failure as president was the way he did not deal with the pandemic correctly.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.