Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
This is probably it, since I still cannot find anything else, and perhaps he is correct for the short term.

A couple of points:

1) I think the key for them is to keep bringing assets in. With their savings account yield advantage over traditional banks I would think the money will keep coming in. Once in, they will find places to invest it even if refinancing is dead and the housing market slows down a little.

2) My understanding is that about 58% of their loans are from California. In a quick internet search it appears that California housing market seems to be doing just fine and the larger the loan, the more BOFI makes, correct?

3) If I have a plan to hold 5+ years this could be a buying opportunity, if this truly is the reason for the sell off. They now have a PE of around 20. I would think they are going to grow assets/revenue/income by over 20%/year with their advantage over traditional banks. This gives them a PEG of under 1.

Thoughts.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.