No. of Recommendations: 272
I started posting at TMF in Feb of '98. I posted exclusively on the stock boards and shared some 20 years of investing experience there. As the market bubbled, and morons with three months investing experience started claiming godlike stock picking abilities, I got disgusted, created a new user name, and started posting in the speakers corner.

While there I have steadfastly and openingly created bizarre posting entities to amuse both myself and those around me. Although these doppels broke the letter of TMF law, they never broke the spirit, for they neither harassed nor obfuscated. Now, they will die an inglorious death, but so be it for the greater good of the community.

I would have no problem ponying up the $29.95 to stay here, even though I see many posters have been offered a free year to simply stay. BUT, two of my damn dopples got a free pass, and neither this user name nor my original one did. For christsakes. You offer up Puffy a freebie, a notorious retard, booze hound, moron who works in the marshmallow factory and refuses to use punctuation and isn't even real? You give DonJuan, a slickerthancatpoop, writes with a thick Italian accent a freebie? C'mon...they're not even my best stuff. What about Paco? Now Paco is pretty damn funny.

Seriously. These are figments of my imagination. They contribute more than I do? That's not possible. I was paying the $29.95 no brainer, but now I'm insulted. If I'm dumb enough to cough up the thirty bucks on other user names, that's my own more money than brains problem. But if you're handing out the free year, give it to this user name, not others I made up.

-WRG, apparently less interesting than his doppels

ps - if this was done intentionally as a joke, my hats off to the jokester
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Perhaps they can give one of the doppels membership to you and the other one to RedSavina.

UKBB
No. of Recommendations: 3
Goose say him concur. What concur mean?

BS#1
No. of Recommendations: 1
Sound gay.

BS#1
No. of Recommendations: 5
BUT, two of my damn dopples got a free pass, and neither this user name nor my original one did.

That must be the FUNNIEST damn thing I've ever read at TMF. I hope you're kidding, but I doubt it. It reflects the complete misundestanding of this community, which is not about smiley faces, hearts, and rainbows.

efm (rotflmao)
No. of Recommendations: 15
I would have no problem ponying up the $29.95 to stay here, even though I see many posters have been offered a free year to simply stay. BUT, two of my damn dopples got a free pass, and neither this user name nor my original one did.

Oh, good grief! This is ridiculous.

It kind of begs the question, are there are actually a thousand real people using the site?

Ya gotta give WRG a lifetime membership. He's our father figure and the one who keeps things sorted out with his light touch on the social boards. Also, he's the King (and Queen) of England. Not that that last bit means much nowadays what with the monarchy being what it is.

Ascalon

ps. WRG, could you stop those princes doing drugs?

Ya gotta give WRG a lifetime membership. He's our father figure and the one who keeps things sorted out with his light touch on the social boards. Also, he's the King (and Queen) of England. Not that that last bit means much nowadays what with the monarchy being what it is.

Ascalon

It's true though
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=12433015

and you gotta give our King/Queen free membership.

codey <freeloading green star subject of WRG>
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey, Paco, er... WRG,

How the he!! did you NOT get a freebie. I mean, come on, you've got over 20,000 recs! Makes no sense. Are you sure you're checking the right email account?
No. of Recommendations: 4
WRG,

I'm just seeing this now (been swamped and trying to catch up on email and...er...sleep.) You were on the list of names I have.

Bogey
WRG,

I'm just seeing this now (been swamped and trying to catch up on email and...er...sleep.) You were on the list of names I have.

Bogey

Thanks for the response, Bogey. And thanks for passing those dopple comps on to someone else.

-WRG
Paco is pretty damn funny
Obviousman, fan of Paco Conchito Rodriguez Edaurdo Manuel Della Rondando Fortundo Gomez Sanchez Richardo Bomabsto
Maybe you can ask for a family discount?
No. of Recommendations: 0
WorldRecordGuy added to your Favorite Fools list. {~: