Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

After playing around on CAPS I've decided to take a more structured and focused interest on picking high quality companies. It takes away the fun if you get a bunch of points by adding a stock just b/c 800 members gave it a thumbs up!

On that note, I find it useful to use other players as a kind of stock screen. This way I'm opened up to stocks that I probably wouldn't have found in the news. By reading comments, trying to apply valuation techniques, and use stats to judge quality, I've really found this community to be a learning opportunity.

So, my pledge is to add pitches to every stock pick and update my opinions on each. Also, I'd like to practice short calling so I'll try to give a thumbs down for every 5 thumbs up.

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.