Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
This is why I can't watch gymnastics except once every four years.

It can be really frustrating, but the high points are unusually good as well...I was really glad to see Shawn Johnson get a gold, it would have seemed unfair for her to get shut out despite good to excellent performances in every event. And Jonathan Horton adding in all those extra moves with just a couple of days practice to pull off a silver on high bar is pretty cool too.

Overall having watched a lot of events, I was thinking about the people who I felt bad for and gymnasts seemed to top my list

-- Alicia Sacramone, who pulled off two nice vaults after that horrible day in the team competition and ended up losing to a girl that fell flat on her face.

-- Now that I write this I sort of feel sorry for her too, she was the Chinese team captain and fell off the beam in the team event and had big mistakes on all her individual events too

-- Anna Pavlova who had one of her vaults disqualified, then got edged out for the bronze on beam by the chinese captain again...

-- The men's gymnast who lose a tie the same way Nastia Liukin did. I think that guy was tied for bronze and got nothing but I can't find the article about him right now.

-- Lolo Jones....what a feel good story she has getting to the Olympics and then to lose the hurdles that way...

-- That hungarian weightlifter who dislocated his elbow. Note to self...never participate in any sport that has a team of chinese girls with placards standing by solely to obstruct the crowds view of horrifying injuries.

Honorable Mentions

-- Dara Torres for coming so close to gold

-- Tyson Gay for being injured at the worst possible time
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.