Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 17
OK....I admit it. I'm sick and tired of wearing a mask....but I do when the circumstances call for it. I hate being careful about travel....but I do because it would be stupid to expose myself to undue risk. I'm saddened to see people suffering and dying, and businesses closing. I've had it.

But I've never felt that it would be right to punish anyone for their ignorance by denying medical treatment. Until I read this:

In Tennessee, the patients first in line for the monoclonal antibody Covid-19 treatment are likely to be the ones who landed in the emergency room because they did not get vaccinated.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tennessee-limiting-mono...

WHAT???? Tennessee is rewarding people who refused to get vaccinated by putting them at the front of the line? I hope that this article is misinformed. Because that sounds stupid to me.

Especially in southern states, people with non-Covid health crises are losing out because the hospitals are packed with the unvaccinated who "just happened" to get Covid. What's wrong with this picture?

Biden's mandates make sense to a point. But I think we need to find a better way to motivate the ignorant to get vaccinated. I don't know what that better way would be. But rewarding them with medical care that they don't really deserve sounds pretty stupid.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.