Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
https://glucosezone.com/#/home

I've only been able to access the free YouTube vids (which are primarily marketing the product) but I've read favourable reviews from some of the fitness-orientated endocrinologists I follow online.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Sounds like a digital personal trainer for DIY exercisers.

Fuskie
Who notes the trick will be whether subscribers actually put the recommended routines to work...

-----
Ticker Guide for The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME) and MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)
Fool Code of Conduct: https://www.fool.com/legal/the-motley-fools-rules.aspx#Condu...
Sounds like a digital personal trainer for DIY exercisers

That's exactly what it is and, for sure, there are a whole slew of those on the market. Quite possibly some even specifically aimed at diabetics. This is the first that's crossed my path with a sort of seal of approval from folks with a foot in both camps of diabetes management and performance sports science.

Who notes the trick will be whether subscribers actually put the recommended routines to work

That's the trick for managing Life in general I fancy.
I'm not diabetic (last A1c 5.2) but for the best part of the last 15 years have been a fitness instructor/personal trainer and have had the challenge of training former non exercisers who've been recently diagnosed as diabetic/pre-diabetic and are in the mode of wanting to change everything about the lifestyle that got them there and NOW!!

I'm in temporary Emeritus mode right now following a fairly long distance move/new grannyhood. Even so, I'm even tempted to sign up for at least a few months subscription. A lot of what I've learned about therapeutic lifestyle interventions like exercise has come about by trial and error..... especially given how many different manifestations of T2D are out there. Seems like a valuable tool to be able to avoid this.
Not saying this is you, but working with a personal trainer at a fitness studio caused me some damage, esp to achilles tendons/tendons around ankles, which are still bugging me years later despite seeing & following the advice of an orthopedist. I apparently have short & rather non-stretchy tendons, at least some of them, and shouldn't do what most people do.

Now I work with a couple of physical therapists. While I think they also had me working some injured muscles/tendons too hard (eg, rotator cuffs), they also helped me enormously, particularly with overcoming my lack of balance organ in one ear, my neck & achilles tendon problems, posture, core, general fitness.

I also read about exercise online and have picked up a few exercises that work well for me, particularly a simple one for my achilles tendons. Obviously not everything I run across online is good either, but nobody is forcing me to do those like a trainer does(!).

Experience in my family with diabetes--with those w/raging cases and those who kept/keep it at bay through effort--tells me that at least in our cases, 90+% of the effort needs to be diet as in low carb (esp avoiding sugar and grains). Lowish calorie (esp avoiding unhealthy fats & not going overboard on protein either) and exercise help, too, but not nearly as much as low carb.
Well, it's totally possible that you got stuck with a newbie trainer with no experience of heavily deconditioned/medically compromised/confirmed Sedentarians..... this is definitely a niche market. Possible, but not likely. If this is the experience with the trainer you wrote about on the H&N board it certainly didn't seem to be the case. IIRC, I had cause to mention to you at the time that the idea of working within your ability level was the way to go rather than allowing yourself to be pushed too hard or giving in to a bit of vanity and showing the trainer what a badazz you were.

Regardless, the rationale for posting the link I did....aimed specifically at diabetics.....is because it had the seal of approval of knowledgable folk who themselves work with heavily deconditioned/medically compromised etc, etc.... As Fuskie pointed out, you do actually have to do the work..... and you have to make an effort to do it right (just like eating habits and taking your meds per direction, come to that)

Experience in my family...... tells me that, at least in our cases,90+% needs to be diet..

But of course..... and you've certainly never read a different message coming from my keyboard, have you? To repeat myself yet again... you can't outtrain a craptaculous diet. Exercise done right, however has a big part to play in maximising dietary interventions. One of the undisputed effects of exercise.... both acute and long term....is an increase in insulin sensitivity (even without weight loss) It's great that you can currently manage your diabetic issues with diet alone but .....as you've read on the H&N board.... that control takes the form of eating down to what your compromised pancreas can handle, not improving the organ's efficiency.....or your insulin sensitivity. As the pancreas continues to fail, it's not usually feasible to eat less and less. This is insight I picked up from this board a few years back (from, I think, jerryab?)
Also interesting (from one of the fitness-orientated endocrinologists I mentioned upstream)

https://www.medpagetoday.com/video/mastery-of-medicine/maste...

It's a complicated business, for sure.