Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 35
This may be a good election after all.

Quite true. And we will be able to have as many debates as Kerry wants. Example:

Jim Lehrer: Senator Kerry, what is your opinion of SUVs?

Kerry: I am a major supporter of the American auto industry. We have some SUVs. We have a Jeep. We have a couple of Chrysler minivans. We have a PT Cruiser up in Boston. I have an old Dodge 600. ... We also have a Chevy, a big Suburban.

Lehrer: Senator Kerry, what is your response?

Kerry: I don't own any SUVs. They are dangerous to the environment.

Lehrer: A follow up. Doesn't your wife drive an SUV?

Kerry: Yes. But it belongs to the family; it is not mine.

Lehrer: Okay. Senator Kerry, you get the next question. Do you support the troops in Iraq?

Kerry: I fully support the troops. I voted for the $87 billion supplemental appropriations.

Lehrer: And your response, Senator Kerry?

Kerry: In the final vote, I voted against the $87 billion.

Lehrer: Okay. Back to you Senator Kerry. Do you agree with our action to disarm Hussein?

Kerry: As I said on January 23, 2003, "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator,leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grie! vous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real"

Lehrer: And your response Senator?

Kerry: We should have never gone into Iraq without U.N. support. He claimed Iraq was an imminent threat, and that is not true. We should have never gone into Iraq.

Lehrer: That is the last question. Thank you Senator Kerry and Senator Kerry for being with us. We will continue this next week at the same time. Good Night.

John
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.