Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
This might work for you or it might not.
This will work if you are lucky enough to pick the right companies to buy. What happens if tech stocks crash in 3 months - your $80000 that was earning 5 to 15% suddenly becomes $15000 earning nothing.
It is my opinion that this advice is too risky. There are other ways of raising the earning potential of your company super without putting all of your nest egg into one of the most volatile markets in the world.
Personally I have just transfered my boringly performing super into a master trust to give me a choice of about 80 super funds.
If you wanted the more do it yourself approach you could set up your own fund like Harrythedog suggests but you don't have to put it all into Nasdaq or even individual shares which need to be constantly monitored.
There are a lot of good unit trusts and other share funds out there which have earnt 60 to 100+ % in the past year. The big question is- Will it continue?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.