Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
This post really hit home. My mom is the ultimate pack rat. I grew up in a 3000 square ft home with a 2 car garage. Most of the rooms in the home were so filled with "stuff" that you couldn't walk in them and some you couldn't even get into. This was extremely hard for me, especially through my teenage years. As each of us kids moved out, the room was immediately filled with boxes full of material, old toys, random bargains my mom had picked up here and there. My youngest sister is about to move out and we have all tried to talk my mom in downsizing. We have offered to help her move. The house is too much for her to take care of by herself and the house and landscaping are falling apart. She refuses and cries everytime we bring it up. It is a hard situation - one that nobody has a solution for. Basically, she is trapped by her own clutter.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.