Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
This post reminded me of the "Rule Tweener" discussions that I have not seen in a while.

Tweeners were stocks that started out as RBs and then grew into established RMs.

There is a Rule Tweener - Strategies board I think. But it did not get much discussion so I stopped visiting a while back.

Are there any Rule Tweener fans out there? And if so, my question to you is: Did TMF ever say that they actually would put the Tweener strategy into motion? In other words, was there ever any serious discussion that the RB port would sell AOL since it outgrew its RB status and that the RM port would then buy it for their port as soon as money was available?

I can not remember where I read whatever made me think this, but maybe one of you knows the answer to that.

Either way, I understand the original question, and also thought, at first glance, that JDSU seemed more like a RB. But in hindsight, it seems like the RM picked up two great companies recently.

Thanks for any opinions or recollections of Tweeners,

Aridian
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.