Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
This probably isn't a productive discussion so this will (likely) be it for me.

It can be as productive as you want it to be. Dodging my questions tends to limit it.

How 'bout a poll asking "Do you agree with Behe and Dembski?"

That would do it. Unfortunately, I'm in no position to undertake such a poll.

But I still don't think you've read an unbiased, substantial description of evolutionary theory (you've never replied to questions asking where you've learned about evolution).

And just what do you think I would get out of such a description? One issue you keep dodging is the fact that highly educated intellectuals like yourself HAVE read the descriptions, and they STILL doubt Darwinism. What makes you think, if I read the top 10 books on evolution, that I'd come to some different conclusion?

BTW, what would be your #1, can't-fail-to-convert-an-IDiot-to-Darwinism book for me to read? I'll gladly read it if I haven't already.

But then what I try to instill in my students is the willingness to think for themselves, which come to think of it is probably why so few espouse IDism.

This is nothing but insulting to all the intellectuals who publically disagree with you. If you think you are the only one, or your side of the debate are the only ones who think for themselves, then there truly is nothing further to discuss.

There's a whole lot more going on than you are letting on. Why do you suppose ID theorists warn young scientists/grad students to not be too "out of the closet" for ID?

You know, come to think of it, you've never addressed my questions about what you've read on ID either. Have you read "The Design Inference", "No Free Lunch", and "Darwins Black Box" ? "Uncommon Dissent" is an excellent book from a much wider variety of intellectuals than you normally see.

You don't have to answer, but if you are challenging me to read the other side, make sure you practice what you preach. Do you also challenge your students to be open-minded about the Darwinism-ID debate?

Bryan
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.