Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
This readers of this board should look around their home towns and report back to the readers here regarding the millionaire types in their own backyards. (Balance sheet millionaires, not high income types) What do you think?

Guy across the street from where I used to live used to work for an international air freight company. From what he learned there he started his own business doing something I never understood to facilitate the movement of products across international boundaries (I know what you're thinking--it isn't smuggling!), and now has some of the major high-tech companies as customers. His company is worth millions.

Since this was Silicon Valley, the wife and I knew others who were stock option millionaires, of course. Those who cashed out in time are probably still millionaires.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.