Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
This reminds me a little of the old axiom about throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Yes, there are lax and greedy physicians practicing medicine today, but the solution is not to limit those new technologies that may aid and abet such behavior. The better approach would be for the medical community to take stronger measures to police the activities of those "under-performers".

Agreed. I was merely commenting on previous thoughts that seem to call into question all medical care based on the few who have given it a bad name.

BTW, did you know that physicians need not be radiologists to read MRI scans? I would argue that nothing stands out more in radiology practice today than the uneven quality among MRI readers. It's a disgraceful situation. Again, where is the quality control from within?

I am not sure how to take this comment since I use such studies on a daily basis. I agree that standardization is important. There are many different kinds of problems that exist in medicine today that need to be addressed. That doesn't mean I cant speculate about problems that innovative technologies open themselves up to.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.