Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
This statement doesn't make much sense.
Sure it does. I've read it a dozen times. I'll restate it.

The motivation that president Bush gave for going to war in dozens of speeches leading up to it was either misleading or false. This is why people are speculating about his real motivation.

The dialog between the President and Congress in your post is totally off the topic. It has nothing to do with anything in my post.

The fact is Congress did support the war
Duh. Where did I say or imply otherwise? This is totally off topic, I don't know where it came from.

Look, I asked you some questions in my post, but you didn't answer any of them. You just gave some mini-rant about how congress approved the war.

When nations go to war, there are *many* different reasons some people want to go to war.

I believe my post agrees with you here. I state clearly that I don't think it was any single simple reason.

Some will be ones you don't agree with: (like, he tried to kill my daddy, or I work for Haliburton, or Saddam is diabolical and will eventually do something we'll all regret).

Your right, I don't agree with the first two reasons. The last reason is what all of the debate is about, now isn't it? The question I have is was there a way of preventing that diabolical something without spending billions of dollars and thousands of lives? Or, could we have made better progress against terror and saved some of those lives by spending those billions of dollars elsewhere?

Deal with it.

I have every intention of dealing with it in November. Thank You.

If you'd like to answer my questions directly, I'll repost them for you.

Here:
As it is, there are no more ties to terror from Iraq than from Saudi Arabia or any other nation in the region. So, what was Bush's motivation for attacking Iraq? What was it? Was he duped by bad intelligence or was there something else?

Either his motivation was sincere and we can hold him accountable for following bad advice and bad intelligence or there was some other motivation. Which do you think?

<<Your words>>
Recent news of Iraq's terrorist ties and Hussein's atrocities are mounting and providing compelling evidence that the decision to invade Iraq was the right decision at the time.
<< >>

What are you implying by 'at the time'? That it is no longer the right decision?

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.