Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
This thread is very interesting, because soon I'll be part of a two-kid household, playing the part of dad's girlfriend-soon-to-be-wife-someday-I-Hope.

Parallel Parenting is my new term for the day. That's definitely what's going on in my guy's situation.

They alternate every week, and not only do they split time they also split *things*. Since my ex-BIL is such a dickhole he does not let anything in his house go back to my SIL's house. This includes iPods, books, DSs, and even clothes. Yes, the asshat sends the kids back in dirty clothes if he has to so that anything bought by him does not travel with them.

This is close to the situation I'm observing. Although, Dad doesn't forbid them to bring objects/clothes/whatever to the mom's house, he discourages the boys from bringing their things to their mom's house because when they come back to his house, she will not let them come 1.5 miles down the road to her house to pick up anything they've forgotten. She works 24-hour shifts at a time, but the boys cannot get into the house when she is working because she won't tell them the alarm code. That's right, they are locked out of their house--the one house they've known for the last 10 years. Dad has lived in two houses since they separated.

This week, the mom took away one kid's phone as punishment...the phone that Dad pays for on HIS family plan. So kid is at Dad's house for 4 days now with no phone. Which means no way for dad to get ahold of him.

Beginning to wonder if I'm crazy for going down this road.

Kasha
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.