No. of Recommendations: 0
This thread reminds me of what happened once while we were staying at a motel years ago. About three a.m. (!), all hell broke loose when the HARD WIRED detector in the ceiling went off in our room -- and apparently in several others! I could not silence it (obviously, no battery to pull).

It went on for several minutes until management got to shut the things off. We never did find out what happened. Apparently something in the wiring.

Print the post  


Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.