Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
This was one of my first Gem purchases, along with AWGI. Where, oh where, shall I find nostalgia in my portfolio now?!

I had a limit order set for $33.08 this morning hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. The price blew past that so quickly I didn't have time to blink. No need to play that game again.

I've rarely considered a sale of CNXS. Probably because there are/were others in my portfolio that were deemed at greater risk of being ahead of themselves. For example, I sold DECK recently on valuation concerns and have watched it rocket up another 10%...killing my CAPS score in the process.

I'll miss the sleepy underdog that is CNS, Inc. Sure, we weren't going to get 20% growth in revenue and the new products weren't explosive to earnings. But the reason I kept holding this one was because it was headed by people making decisions I could understand and agree with. They didn't destroy any value, moved cautiously with our assets and stuck to their core business despite what I'm sure was overwhelming pressure from advisors, shareholder groups, etc. to diversity via acquisition. I like how they stuck to what they knew best and then managed the heck out of it.

I'll miss you, CNXS. Just like I've had to say good-bye to so many favorites this past year.

Blitzen94
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.