No. of Recommendations: 0
This was one of the best Chinese dishes I've ever made.

I sliced up the pork chops and boiled the bones for pork broth.

A couple hours later I stir fried the pork w/grated ginger and pressed garlic in sesame oil till it was half done and removed from wok. Then I stir fried 1/4 onion, a box of mushrooms (no shiitakes at walmart--I used button mushrooms), and thickly sliced "adult" bok choy--stems and leaves. I added some oyster sauce, soy sauce, and the pork broth--enough to make this a thick soup rather than a stir fry, tossed in a half-cylinder of soba noodles, and when nearly done, stirred in the semi-cooked pork and marinade, and finally sprinkled in some Japanese hot pepper. I must've gotten the proportions just right--not to mention the pork broth!--because this was SO scrumptious. There's enough left for tomorrow's lunch if I add some pea pods and tofu, which I have.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.