Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
This was posted on Reddit a couple of months back, and is a quote from Carl Merton, the CFO of Aphria, about Tetra Bio-Pharma. He discusses the share price and soundness of Tetra bio-Pharma, so it is appropriate to add it here:

"Not sure what you are looking for in this answer. I presume it is the share price. I will willingly admit; I have no idea what is going on with TBP’s share price. Its current level defies logic. The business is extremely sound. The studies it is involved with continue to progress forward. They had a backwards step with TBP001, that was driven more by Health Canada’s lack of rules on an issue than an actual issue (as evidence by the trial moving forward with the EMA).

I think in the early days of TBP’s communication with investors, the communications was driven too often by science and not enough by investor relations. (As an investment writer, I agree wholeheartedly!) It can be very difficult to take the complex clinical situations and explain them properly to investors. In the last year, we spent a great deal of effort modifying the MD&A and press releases to be more investor driven (written for them) than the science / clinical side of things. I think the documents are much better and commend the team at TBP for the changes. I hope investors feel the same way." (Note he brings up the importance of reading their MD&A, one of the three filings I urged readers to locate and read. MD&A, AIF and short form prospecus. They contain a lot of news information that could have been PR'd in news releases, in my opinion. Certainly it's necessary knowledge to have.)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.