Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Tonight: Bunco!

Saturday:
1) Hardware store: mulch, soil and plants for me; weed & feed for T

2) Yard work: weed flower beds, spread mulch, plant flowers in pots. T to spread noted weed & feed

3) Hook up rain barrel (been bypassed for winter)

4) Cajole T into getting the kids’ bikes out of the shed

5) Once the (supposed) rain starts, inside for laundry and me diving into the kids’ rooms to sort through clothes and toys while they aren’t there, as to be sneaky.

6) Weekly cleaning o’ the house

7) Stop by community center I’ve decided we will join* and get signed up

8) Grocery shopping for family, clothes shopping for Her Bootiness and Leroy Jethro**

Sunday:
1) Finish cleaning

2)“This is the chore that never ends, it goes on and on my friends!” (laundry)

3) Get kids early due to their father having something to do. Perhaps also take them to community center for their IDs, then to my parents’ house, unless;

4) Possible visit from parents-in-law

5) Dinner, regular bed time

Anyone else care to add their lists?

impolite

*I say “I” decided because I by gawd did. I made T take a tour of the place, because he was waffling about what gym to join since the doctor told him to get honest-to-goodness cardio on a machine somewhere in addition to playing ball. I want to join this place because it offers child watch and with his own sports schedule, the kids’ activities and my general laziness, if I don’t remove the “but I have the kids and can’t go” excuse I’ll never go myself. He wasn’t sure. But also hasn’t moved on looking at any other gyms. So I said I’m pulling rank, and signing us up for a family membership (discount on kids’ programs like swim, plus an indoor leisure pool with a slide we can take them to). He can either attend or not, or hell even pay for his own membership somewhere else, but I’m signing up this effin’ weekend. I WILL NOT BE BALKED.

**So the season totally changed on us, and they both have….just about nothing for warm weather. Le sigh.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
OK.

Saturday: 9:00 a.m. Frantic rummaging around mail bin area for voter registration card.

Saturday: 10:00 a.m. Off to the caucus!

Saturday afternoon: Take FirstLock shopping for a birthday present for his very best friend ever.

Saturday afternoon: Clean basement

Saturday Evening: Total and complete unmoving couch-potato-hood.

Sunday: Birthday party for VBFE.

Wally
One other thing.

Mrs. Lock and I generally take the kids swimming on Saturday. I'm currently planning my excuses to weasel out of going. This means she has take the boys through the locker room which is not easy since she has to get them changed and moved in the right direction, whilst and at the same time changing herself while not exposing herself.

It's very much a weasel-move when I don't go, since it turns a weekend activity she likes into one she does not like (but she still does it, cause the boys need to burn the energy).

When I feel bad about being a weasel, I remember the words of Homer Simpson. "Boy, the ability to weasel out of something is what separates us from the animals - well except for the weasel.

Wally
Saturday:

Clean out car
Take it for thorough, professional wash (its first in about 4 years)*
Go to bank to try to clear up PIN confusion ASAP so I can transfer money in before mortgage payment comes out
Bring car back home and use mini crock pot with vinegar to try to remove cigarette smell (thanks, board, for awesome tips!)
Start laundry
Plant seeds for spring veggies
Cut styrofoam for last.little.bit.damnit.I.swear of aquaponic raft bed.
Set live-trap for Evil Critter From Hell What Must Be Killed. Before he eats my plants AGAIN.
Celebrate St. Patty's at some (as yet undetermined) pub. Because I don't want my house smelling like cooked cabbage.

Sunday:

Bite the bullet and purchase quality white pumps for the wedding**
Make tentative list of wedding guests
Research local "venues" and email for quotes
Try to find DIY Greenhouse for Dummies info***
Finish laundry
Select, shop for, and cook something new and challenging

Frydaze1

* Monday my boss and I will be having dinner with my boss's boss's boss (BBB). Boss volunteered to pick up BBB from airport, but BBB replied that I had volunteered to do so. (Complete lie! I drive a 2-seater car that I've smoked in for 10 years. I would never volunteer to do that.) But I told him if he didn't have more than a carry-on I could manage it. He said he wouldn't. So as long as he and his luggage fit in my car, my next challenge is for it not to reek of cigs too badly. I can't make it perfect, but I can make it better. Why does he want me to do this? Maybe because it'll be his only chance to meet with me without boss (who is newly promoted from coworker) and get my opinions and insight.

** I've finally reached an age where cheap shoes hurt my feet unless they're flats. I had this beat into me in January when I attended a long-awaited dance, wearing a dress we'd spent months sewing, and could only dance two dances before my feet hurt so badly I could barely walk. We have another of these events in June (redemption, I hope) plus our wedding in October (deo volente) and I WILL get through both of them without thinking of my feet ffs! So, off to a *real* shoe store for grown up shoes.

*** We need a real greenhouse, not the plastic sheet-walls over tubing frame that we have. We need this both for weather control (severe wind and wild temperature swings) and to keep That Damned Critter (and all his friends) out. Kits in the size we want (16x18) run 12k and up (/heart attack). I work for a window manufacturer and can get glass, or even fully framed windows and door(s), cheap (relatively) but I still have to have a building to put them in. I have a chop saw. We have levels. We have hammers. We have a lumber-getting truck. We have several drills and several sets of wrenches, screwdrivers, drill bits, etc. We even have a nail gun and access to an air compressor. And ladders. A square. Neighbors. Basic math skills. But I've never built a building and neither has DF. It doesn't seem that difficult, and I think we have most of the tools, but also I don't think we should totally wing it on this. I've put it into DF's hands to research... which means I'll do it this weekend. Gah.
When I feel bad about being a weasel, I remember the words of Homer Simpson. "Boy, the ability to weasel out of something is what separates us from the animals - well except for the weasel.

That's ok, we all weasel occasionally.

Example: Monday nights Q has baseball. I took all three kids with me this Monday so that T could work late. After feeding the baby twice (TWICE I TELL YOU) in the Suburban, which was sitting in the blazing sun as there was no shade, getting 30 minutes of walking in during the 1.5 hours we were actually there, and hearing Her Bootiness whine that it wasn't fair she couldn't play on the playground that was obscured by a giant hill from the Suburban (where I'm having to stop every lap around the park, because the baby, aside from eating, was also crying to be let out of his stroller and/or shoving his hand so far into his mouth he was choking himself and therefore spitting up)...after all that, I called T and said he is not going to work late Mondays.

He's just not.

I am going to leave work early, get the kids, get home, feed the baby. He is to come straight home at his regular time, which is coincidentally the time I have to be leaving with Q, and will keep the other two with him.

Alternately, if he is held up in traffic, he will meet me at the ball field, and get the other two.

Theoretically, the correct thing for me to do is allow him the OT, and just deal with two fussy kids at the same time. I mean, they are my damn kids. Surely I should just deal?

But I don't wanna.

impolite
doesn't wanna
No. of Recommendations: 3
Look at honey-do-list.
Do nothing.
Dear imp,

In all your spare time, check your email, too.

Love,
snippee
Done!

impolite
Actually accomplished? Almost nothing. It snowed all weekend.

Clear up problem at bank - Done
Celebrate St. Paddy's - Done
Naps, Kitty cuddles, and TV watching - Done

Relaxing weekend? - Done

Frydaze1 <--- She of the big plans and non-existant follow through
Actually accomplished? Almost nothing. It snowed all weekend.

I'm in New England. We're down to t-shirts and shorts around here.

Nancy
I know I'm a couple weeks late on this, but check Harbor Freight... my mom has this one: http://www.harborfreight.com/lawn-garden/greenhouses-and-gar... and absolutely loves it. It's smaller than you want, but for that price you could get two and be ahead. It's good quality, too. (My mom and I are both plant nuts, and she uses her greenhouse all the time. I don't have room for one without tearing up garden beds that I want to keep...)

~mary anna

ps - they also frequently have coupons: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/harborfreight.com. And a boatload of stores in CA: http://www.harborfreight.com/ca.html
I know I'm a couple weeks late on this, but check Harbor Freight... my mom has this one: http://www.harborfreight.com/lawn-garden/greenhouses-and-gar...... and absolutely loves it. It's smaller than you want, but for that price you could get two and be ahead. It's good quality, too. (My mom and I are both plant nuts, and she uses her greenhouse all the time. I don't have room for one without tearing up garden beds that I want to keep...)

~mary anna

Definitely a case of "better late than never"! That's a really nice one. A lot more stable than what we currently have and a good price.
The space is between our garage wall and our property wall, so getting 2 wouldn't really work. The dimensions wouldn't be right to fit the space. But perhaps with some other sizes we could so something like that. I'll definitely talk to DF about it tonight.

Thanks for the suggestion and the links!

Frydaze1
Glad to help!