Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
This whole matter was brought about by the offensive and insulting remarks by JR which were clearly addressed to me and to Kiwis in general.
Yes, I in no way support JR's comments on this.

When he was flamed by me you then jumped in and added your two cents.
I was not supporting JR at all. I was disagreeing with your comments that Australia had done a similar thing. I was defending Australian cricket from lies and half truths.

JR it seems, could dish it out but he couldn't take it - that he has now flounced from the scene like the prima donna he is, is probably better for the harmony of the board.
You are probably right. That is if the board survives the depletion of numbers.

As far as I am concerned the pedantic points of principle that you are trying to establish are just that - pedantic points of principle of no concern except to you !!
You are entitled to your opinion but if the point is so unimportant why not answer it when asked to?

That you continue to obsess, and argue over "my cricket captain is better than your cricket captain" astounds me.
I never said that.

I learnt enough to believe that if every bat, ball and stump were burned on the carcases of rotting camels it would be a fitting end to the game.
I can only assume that you were either hopeless or didn't understand it.
I on the other hand while being a very average type of player think that it is about the best game there is. Especially the "real" game ie Test cricket.

The morons who watch the game are either in their dotage or lager louts who throw their beer cans onto the pitch when things don't go their way.
I could choose to take this as a personal insult but I won't as it is not a accurate description of many patrons of the game.

If they are like that on the pitch then God knows what they get up to in the after match showers when the soap is passed around. It makes me sick to think of it.
You are being what you accuse JR of.

Look Harmy if you want to drop it, then drop it. We are allowed to have different thoughts to each other. The world would be pretty bloody boring if we were clones.
Forget about cricket and go back to watching the rugby boys stick their fingers up each others bums.
;-)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.