Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
though I will have to get my IRA 1099-r changed to reflect the non-tax portion.

That's not going to happen. And it's not necessary.

If you guys say so. But they should sure as heck know how much of it was taxable, as they were the ones to handle the transfer, supervised supposedly by our financial planner who recently assured us he could make the transition easy for our kids if something happened to us...that this was a big part of his job. He handled all the paperwork, which was wonderful at the time, but now I am questioning his attention to detail.

Heck, when we transferred all our other accounts to them, we had to provide all the documentation to show cost basis, even in the IRAs. If they can do cost basis, they can do taxable from the info they had from the annuity cos.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.