No. of Recommendations: 0
Though it will be interesting how the Weasley's react when Percy tries to come back into the family fold next book. Not visiting your dying father in the hospital is a pretty big thing to look over. He has Death Eater written all over him.

Not at all. I think he is in for a few nasty shocks, and will be rehabilitated in the end. He's going to learn about betrayal, I suspect, and his shallow and self-serving, pompous little self is, I think, going to be humbled by circumstances.

I wouldn't be surprised to find Lockhart returning, as well. He's making progress with his memory, when last we see him, and may have a role yet to play before the end.

I'd also like Dumbledore to explain, eventually, why he's never given Snape the Dark Arts job. Is it possible that he's trying to teach Snape a few lessons, as well -- and that his non-interference in Snape's relationship to Harry is meant to allow them both to grow?

Rowling has created a great many questions about her characters, and I profoundly hope she's aware of them -- and that she plans to resolve the most pressing ones, at least.

One minor quibble. When Harry sees Snape's memories in the penseive, he hears and sees things Snape couldn't himself have heard or seen, what with his head and -- presumably -- mind immersed in the exam papers. It strikes me as an inconsistent P.O.V. error which feels wrong and distracted me during a critical scene.

SLL
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.