Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Larry and others

Well, my timing is still almost perfect. Last week I bought my first Chinese internet stocks Sina and Sohu at 43.00+ and 36.00+ and this AM I got stopped out of both. Ntes has also been very weak. I still love the Chinese play (I own CYD) which has helped offset my internet losses. I am trying to determine what a good re-entry point might be for both of these or ntes. I am thinking around 32.00 and and 28.00 respectively, but need some thoughts from longer term followers. Thanks so much for all the other meaningful posts as well.

Kenny
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Yes, which is the bad thing about using stops other than those in your mind.
I have a long project that I am now starting about technical analysis. Ask me in a couple of months about "entry points"

?:^/

Actually, the internet portals are up fairly strongly today last I saw. Of course in an hour that usually changes. But, then again, your getting stopped out of both caused them to rocket upward, so you now can chase them upwards and buy them higher than when you sold them. Its a basic law of life.

Ass-u-ming that the market is going to continue to go up for a while, which is a mighty big assumption!, your entry prices may need to trend upward as time goes on. That is one of the first things I am seeing about technical analysis -- not enough importance given to the fact that the entry points need to follow the market up and down.

More MUCH LATER about that.

See also another post coming soon about selling.

Larry
Larry

I too have lived through the super high pe's and held on to stocks and even added (averaged down) to those "can't miss" names like GLW, CPN, JDSU, NOK,etc., etc. The only stock I held and still do that worked out for me was Rambus (averaging down with timely call purchases). I became so gunshy during this recent runup, that I pull the trigger way too quick.

I sold 200 shares of ERES at about 45.00 (entire ERES holdings) and am dying to get back in. I used to consider myself an investor, but the Nas crash hardened me. I am trying to be more patient particularly with tech stocks. I look forward to all of your posts because your fundamental analysis is very informative.

Next time I get ready to buy or sell a stock, I'll post it so everyone can get in on the other side of the trade. Thanks so much.

Kenny
Kenny, if you decide to sell some more of those ERES shares at about 35.00, just alert me here. But your sale at 45.00 is a sure winner. Nobody ever got hurt by selling $5.00 short of a top. Now put that money in something that is selling for a lot less.
How about Lexar Media?

I'm also looking for some JCOM at 25.00.
I may not have long to wait on that.

Larry