Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 19
I've been getting my need to write stuff out on a blog, if you want to follow: http://tinyurl.com/hek9flt

They said I probably wouldn't lose all my hair, but that it would be "thin" near the end of treatment.

Half-way through the 2nd cycle, the thinning was noticeable, so I cut it short this weekend after the 3rd treatment (and I've been playing with manic panic colors. . .).

Work is being amazing. People have donated 22 days of leave to me. I'm working as much as I can (all week on a non-chemo week, as many hours as I can on a chemo week), but knowing the leave is there is priceless. I have treatment on every other Wed - and I take the whole day off. I usually work Thursday (though I left early once). Friday, I have to go back to have them disconnect the last medication. It's a short appointment, but I never know how I'm going to feel that day, so I take the whole day off, too.

It helps so much knowing I'm not going to miss a paycheck doing that.

Ishtar
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.