Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm a federal employee and contribute to the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), our version of a 401K. I recently learned of a website called TSPpilot.com where (with a subscription) they will send recommended allocations and periodic changes to those allocations between the G, C, F, S, and I funds. They do not hide the fact that they are timing the market.

I would like to be aggressive with my retirement funds and am wondering if anyone is familiar with this organization and/or has any thoughts on this.

Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Interesting. I'm looking at it now. Would be nice to get 22% return on TSP for the next 30 years or more...

Well, maybe I'm totally stupid, butI just subscribed for a year. I'll give it a try, and find out if it works or not. what I've been doing is putting 25% C fund, 50% Sfund, and 25% I fund. I figured this would get me about the best returns since the G and F funds are just things like bonds and whatnot.

Do you know if there is any way to track performances?? Is there tracking software where I could put in prices and see what my return is, versus what I would have gotten if I left it with the 25/50/25% for C, S, and I funds? I just want to be able to look back next year, and see how much MORE OR LESS I earned or lost with this service versus what I was doing...and to see if the net gain is worth the subscription cost.
The funds available in my thrift fund say the resemble ABC or XYZ. I use what they resemble to track it. You have to come up with a ratio to compare them, since their price is different than the one they resemble, to come with the appropriate number of shares. Hal