Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Started MFI February 2010, adding 5 stocks every 2 months until I had 30, then rotating as necessary every two months. I'm going to wind it down, sell off as they fall out of the screen without adding new stocks.

To date, had IRR of 6.52% compared to 14.39% if I had put the same money in the total stock market index etf. Ended up with $52,850 vs. $71,900 for the same investments in the ETF.

Caught many falling knives, held on the way down until the bad expectations which placed them on the MFI screen were realized and the poor earnings booted the stocks from the screen.

Greenblatt has said MFI will continue to work because people will not stick with it after periods of poor return. So if you're not doing MFI this might be good time to get started.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.