No. of Recommendations: 0
TIAA-CREF is one I am planning on looking at. I like the Vanguard Index Funds in that I have heard a lot of good things about them, but I know about the minimums and fees. I thought TD Waterhouse had $500 minimums but I may be wrong. I'm looking into it further. Sharebuilder also has a $500 minimum so I will be looking into what they offer as well.

My specific question about the 1% fees is in relationship to 3 index funds (large, mid, and small cap) offered by ING. I do keep my savings there and so I think it is only natural to look there for investment products as well. Of course if what they offer isn't competitive then I will want to go with another company. There prospectus looks pretty good. I just don't understand the fees. These three funds all have net expenses of 1% or less.

Thanks for all replies so far. Keep them coming. I'm sure I'll have more questions over the next 6 months or so as I save the money to open the IRA.

Rebecca
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.