Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Not an investment question.

But we just went off daylight savings time here on the east coast of the US and I am trying to remember what the time difference is now between here and Sydney.

Anybody?

Thanks.

Christina
Print the post Back To Top
Sydney is GMT+10 hrs and East Coast USA GMT -5 hrs so I guess Australia must be 15 hours ahead normally.

But we're on Daylight Savings time here so add another hour.

Hope this helps

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I can never remember when you guys go on DST. It ended here on the East Coast of the US the last Sunday in October so I was a bit confused as to whether yours had started yet.

BTW - I've been to Melbourne and found it to be a very pretty city - a bit more Victorian than Sydney.

Thanks again.

Christina
Dear Christina

add 4hrs and invert the am to pm symbol.
thus 4pm in NYC is 8am Sydney, the day after.

by the way who said the All Blacks are the best rugby team- they finished 4TH in the World Cup. At least
we're in the final playing France in the World Cup!!

lance
Hi Christina,
The time difference is 14 hours in summer, 15 in winter, so 7 pm in NY is 10 am the following day in Sydney.
Did you discover a bar with Setanta satellite feed and get to watch any of the Rugby World Cup? Allez les Bleus, you have to say. An amazing performance against NZ, but I think Australia will probably prevail.
Hope this helps
Badgley
Thanks to Badgley and Lance but you have each given me a different time. Could you guys please figure out which of you is right and let me know!

BYW - Will the Kiwis be cheering for France in the Cup, do ya think? I'll have to go check on the NZ Board while I wait for the time difference answer to get sorted out.

Christina, missing OZ and Sydney all the time

put this site for local times in your bookmarks or favorites:

http://www.businesswindow.com/clock.shtml

eveline
Eveline:

What a great site -- thank you so much!

Sincerely,

Christina
Eveline:

Just looked at your profile - what's a Kiwi doing on the Ozzie board?

BTW - I have been posting about rugby and had suggested that the All Blacks were the best. Lance disagrees and has cited the World Cup and the failure of NZ to get to the finals. But I still like the All Blacks.

Was in Sydney for four months last year and then toured NZ for a month (Yeah, yeah - I know that you regulars have heard - or read - this already but I am posting to Eveline here.) I think NZ is really beautiful but I must stop here before somebody tells me to take it to the NZ board!

Cheers.

Christina
Hi Christina,

I tried to reply off the board, but it won't go. Do they have your proper email address?
First, I'm not a real Kiwi, I am Dutch and moved to NZ nearly 3 years ago. I don't care much for Rugby, rough 'n tumble, I think soccer is more elegant.

I have an online account in Belgium, Australia, USA and since 4 weeks also in NZ. USA is the most interesting, but the hours are so inconvenient. NZ market is very illiquid and every trade was costing me $500 or so. That's why i shifted some funds to Australia last june and I've been following the aussie board since. Read every message, about rugby and having a drink in NY etc. The Novogen discussion caught my interest and I'm a regular on the NVGN board now.

I've heard before that New Zealand is beautiful, but I haven't seen much yet. We're still trying to settle. I hope to be able to tour around a bit this summer.

That's it for now, see you around,
Eveline
Eveline:

The e-mail function seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't.

Good luck with your investments. And do try and see more of NZ -- it is a beautiful place. I love the ruggedness of some parts and the various geographical features - hot springs and geysers, glaciers, beautiful coastline and wonderful forests. When you get tired of NZ (which may never be) hop over to OZ and see some of their great sites too. I love Sydney.

Hopefully you will get settled soon - three years is a long time. But whatever you do, Fool on!

Christina

N.B. I like soccer too but think rugby is great.
east coast ie NYC is 16 hours behind oz. eg 5pm in NYC is 9am in melbourne / sydney....

where are you? i am located in somers ny, about 50 miles north of manhattan.
hi there

east coast ie NYC is 16 hours behind oz. eg 5pm in NYC is 9am in melbourne / sydney the next day.

where are you? i am located in somers ny, about 50 miles north of manhattan.
Thanks - I have a great website for time differences (which includes the various daylight savings, etc) but couldn't find the link that day.

I am in Manhattan. Don't know where Somers is. Is it Rockland County? And why are you on the Oz Board?

If we're not careful, the Ozzies will tell us to move it to the NY Board!!!

Christina, who LOVES Sydney and hopes to spend more time there -- after the Olympics.