Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
I own KRG, KIM & BRX. They are no longer cheap to me.

While not large positions, cumulatively the three add up to a fair amount of my portfolio.

I can't see upside for them equal to I have elsewhere in the portfolio and/or can possibly buy in other sectors. Also the yields aren't really that great compared to a few sectors and especially foreign equities.

Thoughts on the above three REITs or the sector?

Regards,

VM
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
I don’t know about that. I’m going to still buy groceries and at the stores I go to, they have clothes, garden supplies and plants, etc. and usually very close by there are other stores and for those who partake in fast food or restaurants, they are there too. Even Dollar Tree and what not. So, I don’t see them going down.

The strip malls with no-name stores and divey looking places…now, they are going down and I wouldn’t touch them, much less go to them.

Lucky Dog
VM,

Remember my post about what is the right cap rates? I see a world of < 3% long-term interest rates. These are the assets that are selling at 7% cap rates. I would like to see 6% cap rate to sell.

Of course, I am carrying so much cash, I don't have to sell this to buy something else. If you are swapping then it is a different story. If you are moving to cash, I will sit tight for some more time, especially the backdrop is they may increase the dividend next few quarters.

All bets are off, if Fed announces tappering.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Sold half of my KRG this morning at $23.11. Afterwards raised my limit order prices a bit on my remaining KGR and the KIM and BRX that I have limit orders for sales.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Congrats on your gain and sticking to your discipline.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Wow!

The grocery anchored REITs were killed today!

KGR was down 9.99%. Wish I had sold all of it instead of half.

KIM was down 7.34%

BRX down 4.55%. I missed selling half of my BRX by a penny.

So many bargains and only so much cash. I suspect prices could continue downward as easily as they go back up.

Will wait and start analyzing some possibilities.
We are back already. In this market, you have to be so nimble, it just doesn't make sense to react to anything.