Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 8
Normally our Thanksgiving dinner would be ten of us plus a “thanksgiving orphan” or two if we find someone who would be eating alone if we didn’t invite them. This year we’ll be only the six of us living together daily.

My son’s family of four lives only a half hour away, and we’ve visited outdoors in my backyard during the past months. The plan this year was to have separate dinners, but to meet in my backyard for appetizers while their turkey and ours were in our ovens.

Sadly, it’s a rainy day here! So we took the car, the garbage cans, the lawnmower, etc. out of the garage and lined up ten chairs on opposite sides of the two car garage.

My son’s comment:

Actually this is the more traditional than any thanksgiving we’ve ever had. It closely resembles the very first Thanksgiving when the two segregated parties met for a feast and the pilgrims passed deadly diseases to the native Americans and killed them all!

Trini
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.