Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The stock is down about 8% in last 2 days after they sent a letter to dentists stating that unless they complete 10 cases/year every year ther will lose their certification. I'm a dentist and to be honest with you this reeks of a money grab of a company who's financials don't look solid. They do have a competitor called ClearConnect and the overwhelming majority of dentists do not do more than 10 cases/year that I know. This stock is going to plummet. Get out now! They call it their "clinical proficiency program" but its nothing more than a ruse to try and push treatment onto patients. The modality is not very good for alot of situations where patients would need full braces but Align is trying to force dentists into pushing this treatment. Bad choice.
Print the post Back To Top
Sorry I meant ClearCorrect>
Their release states that success with their system is dependent on a certain skill level which comes from minimum patient volumes and continuing education. It also states they don't expect any financial impact in 2009 from this.

I assume the recession cuts into their shortterm results but I doubt this is a good short.
A dentist proficiency has nothing to do with the number of cases he does/year. Alot of dentists that "push" this on patients arfe not very proficient and get into alot of problems. Invisalign is NOT a substitute for braces and can only be used in very limited cases. Unfortunately the Align corporation does not tell stockholders this. Go and ask your dentist if its a substitute for braces? Alot of cases you just can't use their product and if you do, you will get yourself in trouble and have a pissed off patient. This is about trying to FORCE dentist into doing more Invisalign and pushing it on people who we know need braces and not fail with Invisalign.
This is about trying to FORCE dentist into doing more Invisalign and pushing it on people who we know need braces and not fail with Invisalign.

Okay, so just supposing we accept that premise, will this increase sales or decrease costs by encouraging more multiple users and reducing support expense for infrequent users ?

As for your premise, is it supported by the dental colleges that have integrated this system into their curricula ?