Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
We have another great slate of candidates this year. Vote here for your favorite:

http://vovici.com/wsb.dll/s/cadg31e27

MichaelRead's super-delegates have been located and sequestered, partly to insure a fair fight, and partly to relieve the smell of bass and beer (way to lobby, Michael!)

Winner will be announced on April Fool's day.

Good luck to all!

FloridaBuilder
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26256773

WatchingTheHerd
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26257981

Pencils2
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26258504

Albaby1
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26269406

MichaelRead
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26271809

Mungofitch
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26276185

stevenjklein
http://boards.fool.com/Profile.asp?uid=85163319

CryingofLot49
http://boards.fool.com/Profile.asp?uid=14904359

ultimatespinach
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26297583

Matt1344
http://boards.fool.com/Profile.asp?uid=140327013
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 12
While I'm flattered to be on the list, I can't help but wonder why averagjoe, who was also nominated, isn't on the list?

Was there some mistake?
No. of Recommendations: 1
Where is Obama? anyways, I think from a pure content stand point Floridabuilder is right up there with HollywoodDan...
Steve,

We limit the finalist list to ten, and AJ chose to absent himself.

Richard
No. of Recommendations: 37
While I'm flattered to be on the list, I can't help but wonder why averagjoe, who was also nominated, isn't on the list?

Was there some mistake?

---

No
I haven't heard of any of these guys.
I'm looking forward to the Feste article where we get to see how ugly they all are
No. of Recommendations: 0
I hit my "back" button after voting and ended up voting 27 times. Is that ok?

Harold
I hit my "back" button after voting and ended up voting 27 times. Is that ok?

Harold

If you voted for the nine on the list exhibiting competence, content and community then BOO! BOO! BOO!

On the other hand, if you voted for the one on the list, the unshaven geezer smelling slightly of salmon guts, good on you, mate.

MichaelR
No. of Recommendations: 2
On the other hand, if you voted for the one on the list, the unshaven geezer smelling slightly of salmon guts, good on you, mate.

One more thing. I don't think the word "slightly" means what you think it means.

Funk
This is all new to me--how do nominations happen? Number of recs?

THX,
BAR
with a name like "ultimate spinach" what is not to love -
but every linked post in the nominations takes me to a Hidden Gems screen...
is there any way to view those posts otherwise?

peace & pay per view
t
AFAIK, averagjoe is still under suspension, and if so, that is probably why he is not on the list.
I don't know ANY of them!!!!!!!!!!

joycets :-(
I don't know ANY of them!!!!!!!!!!

joycets :-(

You mean you’ve forgotten so soon that moonlit evening where we strolled on the beach and I sang, ‘Only a Rose,” while you skipped shoeless in the water’s edge and later we swam au natural? It’s seared in my mind. How could you have forgotten that idyllic moment when two souls merged into a oneness that would make poets cry.

A sobbing MichaelR

AC
How could you have forgotten that idyllic moment when two souls merged into a oneness that would make poets cry.

I hear it took surgery, but was finally accomplished.

Zz
No. of Recommendations: 3
You mean you’ve forgotten so soon that moonlit evening where we strolled on the beach and I sang, ‘Only a Rose,” while you skipped shoeless in the water’s edge and later we swam au natural? It’s seared in my mind. How could you have forgotten that idyllic moment when two souls merged into a oneness that would make poets cry.

A sobbing MichaelR

AC

This sounds very much like my first port call. But...I can say no more.

-spookysquid
No. of Recommendations: 47
"Twitty is full of what George Constanza once so delicately described as "nure with a mah in front of it" by implying I withdrew myself from the nomination. The truth is I had no communication directly or indirectly with TMF since my three day suspension ended and have told only those of you on my mailing list about my decision to stop posting. Any comment by anyone not inside my friendly circle is the result of reaching deep into their ***(substitute a word rhyming with pass) and pulling out the first thing they get a hold of. Ergo, Twitty is full of more "nure with a mah in front of it" than a constipated elephant.

LLOL! He's claims to be so over TMF, yet still cares if he got nominated or not.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

RB1
just saying

Indeed. Perhaps you should have considered that Twitty, by NOT dragging out the details of the TMF AJ love hate thing was actually showing some respect for AJ's privacy. That AJ would turn around and insult Twitty as a result only reaffirms my view of him.

That you thought this was appropriate to post, vice summing up, speaks volumes as well.

-spookysquid

P.S. HAHAHAHAHA
No. of Recommendations: 52
"Twitty is full of what George Constanza once so delicately described as "nure with a mah in front of it" by implying I withdrew myself from the nomination.

More propaganda from the AJ front. Twitty didn't say AJ "withdrew himself from the nomination", he said "AJ chose to absent himself" which I assume meant "absent himself from the boards". His fans have been proclaiming for weeks now as loudly as possible and to anyone who will listen, ad nauseam, that AJ is no longer a participating member of TMF.

So it's perfectly reasonable that he should not be included in the nominations.

Harold
LLOL! He's claims

Sometimes I really wish my IQ was above room temperature.

-spookysquid

Crap.
michael r: oh PuhlEEZE!

You bring to mind an interesting note I heard on our local NPR station.
Not only is today Michelangelo's birthday but they said toward the end of his life he wrote something like 300 love poems.

joycets
(was originally commenting on TMFers who have Jumped Ship)
Steve,

We limit the finalist list to ten, and AJ chose to absent himself.

Richard
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If he was on vacation for a month without an internet connection would he've been disqualified?

I just posted a blank vote.
Congrats on your nomination, Michael - This is, arguably, one of the toughest years to have been nominated for this award. I wish you well, sir.

I'm (almost) sorry that I drug you into the fray, except that I know that you can bounce, reasonably, well, and fairly... which is a very significant and admirable trait that has its own rewards!!

Sorry - a word that implies one did something wrong - I have no qualms whatsoever in nominating you for this award - Good luck!!

Best regards,
Bob
No. of Recommendations: 6
Congrats on your nomination, Michael - This is, arguably, one of the toughest years to have been nominated for this award. I wish you well, sir.

I'm (almost) sorry that I drug you into the fray, except that I know that you can bounce, reasonably, well, and fairly... which is a very significant and admirable trait that has its own rewards!!

Sorry - a word that implies one did something wrong - I have no qualms whatsoever in nominating you for this award - Good luck!!

Best regards,

Bob

Thank you for the kind words and having you as nominator is deeply appreciated.

Four years ago I started a marine company and, for the first three years, we operated at a loss. Each year a lesser loss yet my view and that of my CEO was we had a good base and, importantly, an ethic said in these words: ‘Under no circumstances, none, is a client cheated, none.’ In years of being an international consultant I taught and lived that. I wasn’t about to change. It may sound clichéd yet my belief is if honesty did not exist it would be invented as the best way to make money.

In our second year we let an employee go. We found he was cheating clients. Yes, it was to our financial advantage yet although we gained a few dollars – and we needed them – I knew if it continued we’d suffer. So we let him go. Our income suffered yet I knew what we had done was right.

Now in our fourth year our retained customer level has increased, our shop floor is busier than it has ever been, and we are inching into the black. We are now hiring. I am still adamant about conserving customers by us holding true to our standards – let the chips fall where they may.

Again, Bob, thanks for your support. It means a lot.

MichaelR
No. of Recommendations: 8
I'm looking forward to the Feste article where we get to see how ugly they all are

See! This is what I mean. I'm uglier (and fatter!!!) than any of them. Plus writing in complete sentences. My absence from the ballot makes me want to, oh, something.

redsavina

Please note: approximately 50% of past Feste candidates would've spelled it "ballet." You know it's true. That fact alone should guarantee me a spot on the Feste '09 slate.
No. of Recommendations: 3
"----pictures with naked chicks on his website ----"

I take it then that you check his website every day, or else how would you know? Of course you only do that to maintain your journalistic integrity.

RB1
Hi,
I never heard of any of these people so I can't vote for anyone. What boards do they post on? I sure ain't the ones I frequent.
L8R, Jim D.
We have another great slate of candidates this year. Vote here for your favorite:

http://vovici.com/wsb.dll/s/cadg31e27

Linky not worky.
"Linky not worky."

Hi Vol,

I believe the polls closed as of today...

Next year...

Regards, Ken

Your mom thinks I'm cute.

LOL sick burn LOL

That's okay -- we never heard of you, either.

---

That's okay -- we never heard of you, either.

---

How Many Love VinDetta: 230

How Many Love stevenjklein: 129
Sometimes, because of advanced age, I have senior moments where I forget certain things. Because of that I have my name embroidered on a shirt so, if I forget who I am, I can glance down and know. Having labels makes life easier. I have labels on most items I wear so I rarely forget.

Sincerely,

Fruit of the Loom
Only 99 more to go!
that's a lot of bottles of beer
---------------------
I haven't heard of most of these people. Well that stevenklein fellow but not the rest of them.
stevenjklein, Allison.

I nominated him as one who was helped numerous times at the Apple user board.
Who?